One of my birthday buddies just posted, “Birthdays are reminders of the Lord’s deep Kindness.” And never has that been more true than on this, my 50th. As the day has crept closer, I have been keeping a list of a few ways I see the Lord’s hand at work in my life! Thank you for celebrating with me!
- Jesus is life’s most precious treasure: His redemption, His pursuit, His power, and His presence make life worth living.
- My parents are a constant encouragement.
- My brother and his family just came to visit.
- Crystals that defuse the morning light in my house.
- Hummingbirds clicking in the trees.
- The Round Tower in Copenhagen.
- So many sweet coworkers of decades gone by
- My Adult Bible Fellowship at church and Todd Bolen who works so hard to bring us into the Word.
- Board Games—I’m always up for the call!
- John Newton, my friend.
- Clay and paper and glue.
- Antique stores everywhere.
- Blueberries and blueberry fields.
- The book Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund.
- Bosco, the dog who loves me.
- The Dragojlovics, my landlords for the past 15 years and my friends for longer than that.
- Mountains, wherever they may be. They lift my eyes to the heavens from whence comes my help.
- Longtime friends.
- New friends.
- Advent Christian Village, where my parents are enjoying a life of bocce, gardening, Bible Studies, and opportunities to serve at camp way down on the Suwanee River.
- Coffee and tea
- Opportunities to teach far and near.
- Chopping vegetables—is there anything more relaxing?
- The discipline and pain of writing.
- My Alaska family.
- Camping in Mammoth.
- Romans 8 and this album of music from it.
- 1 Corinthians and the work of my pastors to help us love the Lord and the Church more.
- Together for the Gospel 2022
- The color green.
- Andrew Peterson reading the Wingfeather Saga during 2020.
- Biographies of dear friends, who though dead, yet speak.
- The Jenkins’ gift of Costco.
- Imperfect Foods delivered to my door.
- Children’s Hunger Fund and meaningful work with sweet colleagues.
- My bosses past and present.
- Pippi Longstocking.
- Psalm 67. Let the Nations be glad and shout for joy!
- Romans 16 and Paul’s appreciation for his co-laborers.
- Social media has facilitated keeping in touch with friends far and wide.
- The song Is He Worthy and this video.
- Robert Murray M’Cheyne and his Bible reading plan.
- Oriental rugs. Can you have too many? I’m asking for a friend.
- Vasquez Rocks
- Acts 4:13 and the reminder that Jesus’ presence transforms lives.
- The power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in me.
- William Wilberforce who once said, “Let us be humble and soberminded, thankful for the blessings we enjoy, and conscious how little we have deserved them.” Indeed.
Amen! Thank you, Lord.
Happy Birthday Lisa! I haven’t known you for long, and only through your blog, but what a blessing you are!
Love from Jo, a sister in Christ in the UK
Nice to meet you, Jo!